Monday, September 2, 2013

Design Wall Monday

I haven't done much sewing for the past few weeks - my sewing buddy is on a trip and I didn't have anything specific to work on.  I dug around in my mountain pile of UFO's and found some blocks that my bee mates had made for me.  I decided to get my act together and get working on them.  Sewing with Jen yesterday really helped get me motivated. Now I have all 12 finished (I made two) and am ready to sash them:



I am going to put narrow black sashing between the blocks and around the outside and then add a wide border of the floral fabric.  It will be nice to get these out of my mountain pile and finish them up.

I did finish my fourth Girl Scout quilt:



I will donate it along with four mug rugs to my service unit for Mother/Daughter Bingo next month.  It is the fourth quilt I have made (one for a previous M/D Bingo and one for my granddaughter and one for my service unit manager at the time) and I can't seem to use up the fabric.  I swear that it reproduces in closet in the dark.  I don't have a ton left but will be checking to see if I can make a couple of travel pillowcases to finish it up.

Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend and were able to "labor" in your sewing room.  Check Judy's blog to see what others have accomplished this week.

No comments: